Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My Life B.B. (Before Beijing)

The Great Wall of China
Tianamen Square
(Entrance to the Forbidden City)
Lama Temple

Needless to say, I am very excited about my and my classmate's trip to Beijing, China on this upcoming Friday. I am so excited to see the Great Wall and visit the Forbidden City. The Forbidden City housed Emperors and government officials from the Ming Dynasty to the Qing Dynasty and now is the home of the Palace Museum. I am also very excited to see the Lama Temple and Tianamen Square, where many people laid down there lives for what they believed in.  More than visiting the sites, I am interested in being able to experience another culture. From the food, a kung fu show, shopping in Chinese markets, and attending a Chinese opera show, this ten day trip is almost guaranteed to show me aspects of a culture completely different from my own. B.B. has been a lot of trouble for all involved (joining wiki's, coordinating skypes, finding air plane tickets, tour prices) and, let us not forget the sacrifices my parents made to let  me attend this conference, but I am sure that it will all be worth it when I return on the 27th. I am looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment